Screen recording nowadays makes it easier for anyone to show something from their devices. On Windows, there are numerous uses of using a screen recording software, the first being, creation of tutorials. If you are in a forum like YouTube, you’ll find it easier recording different tutorials directly from your computer. Therefore, to accomplish this, you need to have the best screen recorder.
Finding the best recorder isn’t a simple task. You need to ensure that it’s secure and swift. That is, the recorder needs to meet every expectation. Due to the nature of video content nowadays, you need a recorder which will assist you in making crisp videos. Meaning that you have to be able to come up with 1080p quality or even higher. Getting such services from a screen recorder will be one of the steps towards ascertaining that you have the best.
Below is a guide on the best screen recording software to choose from.
This is one of the best screen recorders available on windows. It avails you with the ability of not only recording but also editing your videos. Meaning that you don’t need to look for additional software for editing. If you’re skeptical about the software, you can download the free 30-day trial to get a perspective on how it works. After which you can opt to buy or look through some of the other screen recording software listed below.
- Easy to use. The software has a simple interface which makes it easier for any user.
- Theming. With the ability of editing videos, you can design them to your heart’s content.
- Customizable assets. There’s a lot of customization options available after you’ve recorded the video, you can insert some intros and outros.
- Automatic recording. Unless you dig deep into the software, you cant schedule automatic recording.
2. Icecream Screen Recorder
With icecream screen recorder, you get the ability to record any part of the screen. It’s ideal for both screenshots and video files. You can use this software to record your gameplay and share it on forums like YouTube. More so, its ideal to record Skype videos and any webinars. Besides, you also have the option of recording your screen with or without any sounds. Through this, you can have seamless integration of sound and visual content.
- Easy to use. All you have to do is download and run the software.
- Variety. You can choose either the free or paid version. It all depends on what you need and what you can afford.
- HD recording. You can record your screen in the highest resolution available.
- Watermark. For a free user, there is no way to get rid of the watermark.
3. Bandicam Screen Recorder
As a windows user, all you want in a screen recorder is a software which will be easy to install and simple to use. Bandicam is one of the software which you have an easier time running it. Since its free, you can download it and give it a try. With this version, you get the ability to record anything which is playing on your PC screen and also the audio that accompanies it. You can also add a microphone and record your audio as well.
- Free. With most software, you either get to download a trial version or buy it.
- Easy to use. Its simple to record as a new user and control the content which you’re recording.
- No lag. When recording, you won’t have to deal with any lag.
- Remembering preferences. At times, you’ll have to reset your video and audio preferences.
4. Debut Video Capture
As a non-commercial user, this might be the right Windows software for you. Its free to use, therefore, you don’t have to worry about any in-app purchases. You get a variety of recording options to choose from. They include; webcam recording, computer screen recording, external devices recording, stream recording and gameplay recording. With these options, you’ll be able to utilize the software fully. More so, you can save your videos in all available video formats. This is the best functional and stable software for your screen recording needs.
- Simple to use. Suitable for novice users, it has a swift download and install process.
- Hotkeys. You get to attain programmable hotkeys to use whenever you’re recording your videos.
- Multiple video formats. There are lots of video formats to choose from when recording and saving the video on your PC.
- No edits. The only way to edit these videos is through the sister program, VideoPad.
5. OBS Studio
As a gamer, you need software which will be ideal for both recording and streaming. Well, this is the best screen recording software for you. It has a simple installation procedure and its free. After installation, it might be a bit confusing, but with the detailed guidelines, you’ll find your way around. Therefore, to record gameplay video smoothly, integrate your microphone and webcam, and capture any other footage, download this screen recorder. With this, you can as well stream your live gameplay on YouTube.
- Live streaming. For a broadcaster, this will be the best software to use to capture your screen since you can stream it live.
- Gaming oriented. The software is mostly focused on gamers; thus it has some enticing gaming features.
- Source options. You can find a wide array of sources to use when recording with OBS.
- Customer support. Poor customer support, you don’t receive much guidance or help.
If using Windows 7 or Windows 10, this will be the best open source software for you. The reason is that it always has frequent updates, all which bring some new features with them. Also, any bugs which might be available are fixed quickly. Besides recording videos, you also can upload any files to over 50 social destinations. The availability of the code makes the software safe since you can know what it comprises. Nonetheless, we can’t forget the fact that its free.
- Free. You don’t have to pay a penny for this software, download and enjoy.
- Automation and annotations. You can customize the screen recording to your heart’s content.
- Uploading files. You can upload your videos or pictures to multiple sites directly from the software.
- Key binding. You can create shortcuts by yourself in the software to make it run smoothly.
- Setting custom uploaders. It can be a tedious process especially for someone who has no idea on what they’re doing.
If you’re looking for a movie like screen capture solutions, this is the software for you. It allows you to start capturing any content on your PC easily. The videos are saved in .avi format, thus making it easier to locate them and ensuring they’re not corrupted. Besides, you can record the webcam, your microphone and the audio of the content you’re recording. When making some software tutorials or reviews, this will be the best software to use for recording.
- Simple interface. This makes it easier for you to make use of the software.
- Customization. You’ll easily be able to make some key binds which make it easier for you to commence, pause, and stop recording.
- Size limitations. Unlike other screen recording software, you don’t have any file size limitations with CamStudio.
- Free. You don’t have to spend money on the software in case you don’t like it.
- Output file size. Since you don’t have a file limit restriction, the files can end up being too large.
This software is focused on streamers mostly. With this in mind, you can use the software to broadcast your content online to an unlimited number of audience. More so, you can track everything which you’re recording in live time. Thus making it easier for you to ensure that your content is perfect. Besides, this ensures that you’ll have a simple control of the software. With a simple user interface, you won’t have a tough time as a new user. It’s the best software for experienced or new game streamers.
- Stable and consistent. You can use this software for long durations of time, and it won’t crash.
- Light interface. The light interface makes it easier for one to use the software.
- Support. It’s amongst the screen recording software with the best support system.
- Fixed frame rates. When playing your games, you’ll have to broadcast with a fixed frame rate.
This software can be used with both OpenGL and DirectX graphics technology. Therefore, besides screen recording, you can use it as a benchmarking software. That is, you can track the frame rate of your games with a simple number reading on top of your screen. More so, you can record gameplay with any custom resolution up to 7680×4800, with 1 to 120 FPS. Besides this, after downloading, you’ll be able to easily use it since it has one of the best support systems available.
- Reliable benchmarks. With the frame rate feature, you’ll be able to track how your games are playing or even the capability of your PC.
- Capture screenshots. Unlike other screen recording software, you can capture screenshots at specific intervals.
- Resolution. With up to 8K resolution, you can record any gameplay without any hitches.
- Capture size. With the ability of recording higher resolutions, a storage problem arises since the files become too large.
This full features screen recorder also doubles up as a video editor. You can record and edit videos which can later be posted on Facebook or YouTube. Some of the features of the software include face and voice recording, voice synthesis, speed control, and screen drawing. You can also categorize your videos thus making it easier for you to find them. Besides this, you get to have a software which is ideal for hands-free recording. Thus being able to ensure that you can make you’re reviews or tutorials without a hitch.
- Record everything. You can choose what you’d want to record on your computer screen.
- Simple user interface. The software doesn’t have a learning curve due to the best available user interface.
- Record without watermarks. Unlike some of the aforementioned software, you can record your videos for free without a watermark.
- Editing effects. There’s a lack of some essential editing effects which make your videos look better.
It’s exactly what you need if you’d like to record a presentation, make software tutorials or take some still screen captures. Even though this might not be the best gaming recorder, you can take advantage of the 2GB online storage. The free version offers you with five minutes of screen recording. Likewise, you get the ability to add annotations to your videos and also get to upload them to YouTube directly. Besides, if you want to pay for additional services, you can try the one week pass and enjoy the premium features.
- Online sharing. You can easily share any video or photos which you take directly from the app.
- Customization. You can opt to record any part of the screen at any given time.
- Editing. Simple editing outlines for anyone who needs to upload their content swiftly.
- Navigation. It’s tougher to navigate through the software and find specifically what you want.
12. TalkHelper Screen Recorder
We had to save the best for last. With TalkHelper, you get all the things which you might need with a screen recording software. You’ll enjoy recording your gameplay with custom resolution. Besides, you get to have a means of streaming your gameplay live on Twitch, Facebook and YouTube. With this software, you can easily navigate through the available options and choose specifically what you need. This ranges from the annotations on your recordings to removing and editing any watermarks.
- Easy to use. After downloading, there’s no learning curve around it.
- Customization. There are lots of ways through which you can customize your recordings.
- Editing. You can edit your recordings on the go.
- Video size. With custom resolutions, the video size can be quite bulky.