Decolonize Media Collective
Are you interested in building solidarity, collaborating or providing resources? Email us at Decolonizemedia@gmail.com or Check out our Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/DecolonizeMediaCollective
Our Mission Statement
Decolonize Media Collective is led by students of the global majority at Hampshire College. We commit ourselves to decolonizing, addressing and confronting anti-Blackness, challenging internalized oppression and confronting oppression that our communities struggling, and actively working to confront domestic, national and international social justice struggles through various mediums such as organizing, activism, media production, visual arts, and other strengths we have. The goal of our collective is to spark, inspire and strengthen dialogue/action towards social transformation within Hampshire College, other academic spaces and non-academic communities around issues of race, color, gender, class, sexuality, ability, age, status, illness and other oppressions that affect the survival of Black people which affects ALL people. We work and collaborate with people of the global majority, privilege Black people and welcome collaboration/support that centers Black liberation.
- DMC meetings are open to students of the global majority/people of color only! We do welcome allies' support, encouragement and resources!
- Attend at least 3 consecutive working meetings and be active in all meetings
- Attend at least 1 DMC hosted/organized event
- Organize at least 1 DMC hosted/organized event
- Contribute and organize political campaigns, education and media
- Be active by contributing and engaging in the work our collective does!
What do we do?
- Create, facilitate and critique media
- Political Campaigns
- DMC Group Member Meetings
- Non-DMC Group Meetings
- Political Education Events and Conversations
- Organizing and Activism
- Inspire, continue and create dialogue about social transformation within Hampshire College, Five College Community, and the communities we surround.
- It is our duty to fight for our freedom
- It is our duty to win
- We must love each other and support each other
- We have nothing to lose but our chains"
- -Assata Shakur, Assata: An Autobiography