This is a list of frequently asked questions about using and contributing to Hampedia. If your question is not answered on this page, check out the Hampedia about page. To contact the project, hampedia.hampshire.edu
How do I create a new page?
- For creating a new article see the tutorial for students or professors. You need to have a Hampedia account (same as your username for regular Hampshire logins) to create a new article.
Why has my article been deleted?
- The best way to find out is to look at the log and selecting Deletion Log in the pull down menu or type the name of the article in the Title box. For more information, see the Hampedia policy page
How do I change the name of an article?
- You move the article using the “move” button (to the right of the “edit this page” button). You must have an account to do so. If the move is controversial please discuss it on that pages “talk” page.
How do I cite Hampedia?
- See this article on Wikipedia and adapt it for Hampedia.
Who wrote article X on Hampedia?
- If you click on the “history” tab on the top of an article, a list will be displayed of all the contributors to the article. If your purpose is to cite Hampedia, see the question above.
Who owns Hampedia?
- See the about page.
Are page hit counters available?
- There are no actual page hit counters, but you can look at the most-linked-to pages here
How do I contact the project?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I get involved?
See the EPEC page on Digitising Hampshire, the Getting Involved page, or contact us at email@example.com
Will Hampedia be around in five years?
Hampedia is endorsed by students, faculty, staff and the administration at Hampshire College. As such, it appears like it will stick around until technology progresses beyond it.