The Sexperts are a group of students who serve Hampshire's community as sexual health peer educators. Addressing issues from the nuts and bolts of safer sex and contraception practices to broader issues of how identities intersect with sexual health, the Sexperts combine theory and practice as an important campus resource. The Sexperts both attend and facilitate trainings on sexual health, sexual anatomy, STIs, contraception, and sexuality. They meet weekly to plan programming and events and continue to learn, teach, and hone their skills as peer educators. The Hampshire Sexperts are dedicated to providing not only medically accurate information (to the best of their abiities), but also to serve as a forum for talking about all aspects of sexuality, including (but not limited to!) pleasure, sexual preferences, safety, communication, identity, and relationships.
Check out our:
Previous Sexperts events have included fun and educational workshops such as:
- Your Backdoor: Anal Sex for the Curious, Hesitant, and Shy - Thursday 5/6/13 at 7pm in the Center for Feminisms
- Multiple seminars at the 5 College Queer Gender and Sexuality conference including: On the RACK: Risk Aware Consensual Kink, What We LOVE About Being Queer, What is Virginity?, STI's and Stigma, Fun with Lube
- Get Tested campaign, National Get Tested Month (April 2010)
- Contraception 101 workshop, CLPP conference (April 2010)
- Safer-sex workshop, Queer Sexuality and Gender Conference (March 2010)
- Sexual Pleasure and Communication
- Sight, and Sound of Sex
- Smell, Touch, and Taste of Sex
- At Your Cervix: A Self-Exam Workshop.
- Sex Toys For Boys
- Sexual Health Self-Advocacy
Send us an e-mail if you have any questions about sex. More events will come throughout the year, so keep a lookout.
As a part of our toolbox for sexual health education, we have the following supplies located in the Center for Feminisms and the Community Health Collaborative (S10):
- Latex Condom Demonstrator
- LINDI Pelvic Model Female Contraception Demonstrator
- Safer sex supplies
- A library of sexual reference books (found in the Center for Feminisms) that include:
- Anal Pleasure & Health: A Guide for Men and Women by Jack Mori
- The New Bottoming Bookby Janet W. Hardy
- The New Topping Book by Dossie Easton, Janet W. Hardy *Healing Sex: A Mind-Body Approach to Healing Sexual Trauma by Staci Haines
- Female Ejaculation: Unleash the Ultimate G-Spot Orgasm by Somraj Pokras